Dec 6, 2008

Our Primitive Christmas Home


Don't you just love this time of year! I've been decorating the house all week long. I can't seem to leave it alone so I've changed it a dozen times. LOL I thought I would post some pics of everything so far. Subject to change of course. :-)

An old barrel filled with fresh greens and a primitive grungy candy cane peeking out.

Prim tree in and old crock with lights. Just love it!

I decided not to put our "big" tree up this year and just use this little old tree that sits in an old barrel. This one is usually in the dining room. When I brought this home two years ago, Scott says "what are you doing with that thing" and I said "well, dear its for the dining room. He just had a fit and said "oh no". So when he left the house, I brought it in and decorated it, and he just laughed when he got home said "I knew that would be in the house when I got back". LOL

I haven't got the decorations up yet. When we got it down from the top of the Garage it hit the floor and some of the lights broke so I was Walmart bound last night to get some more.

Looking in to the living room from the dining room. Ooops! forgot to move my Mt. Dew bottle.


This is an old hope chest that my fiancee's mother picked up for me. I put a homespun cloth on it and it sits in between the couch and the love seat.

This is not really decorated for Christmas, but I just love our coal stove. Scott built the new tile base over the summer for it.



Look up, see the buttery, isn't it so prim. I have two double windows in the living room and one above each one. I bought them from Shelley of Winterberry Prims. See my earler post for a link to her picture trail.



Cute little tree sitting on an antique table



This is another one my treasures from Shelley. I bought it to put in the bathroom for storage next the the mirror and it just never made its way there. I thought I would use it for some decorating until after Christmas.



Old man Santa in the corner. He's made from an old tree then handpainted. This is the first year I let him stay indoors, most of the time he's out on the porch.




Hanging cupboard all decked out for the holidays.


My centerpiece on the table is an old crock filled with fresh greens and berries.
Thanks for taking the time to gander at our prim home during Christmas thyme. My favorite time of the year.
~Warmest Winter Wishes~
Nancy










5 sweet friends said:

basketsnprims on December 6, 2008 at 9:05 PM said...

Everything is just lovely and so prim. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

blessings,
~ Pam

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• on December 7, 2008 at 12:42 PM said...

Oh Nancy-everything is beautiful!!


holiday hugs,
-Kath

My Colonial Home on December 8, 2008 at 7:43 AM said...

Hi Nancy,
Well, I was in Christmas heaven....your home is just lovely.
You don't even miss the large tree with all else that's going on.
Great job and thanks for sharing.
Karen

Birgit on December 8, 2008 at 7:39 PM said...

Your decorating is all so beautiful and festive! I love your use of fresh greens and berries.
Hugs & blessings~ Birgit

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is on December 12, 2008 at 3:28 PM said...

You have a lovely home, Nancy!